• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Into !!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christie Baarts

What is the name of your state?

British Columbia, Canada.

Someone recently broke my kitchen window tring to break in. I have a big dog that startled the person and no one got into my house. THANK GOD. I told my landlord and he proceeded to tell me that "YOU HAVE ENEMIES" I didn't call the police because no one got in, or it could have been kids playing around.

The landlord told me he is not fixing the window. What do I do? :confused::( :mad: :eek:

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Christie Baarts said:
What is the name of your state?

British Columbia, Canada.

Someone recently broke my kitchen window tring to break in. I have a big dog that startled the person and no one got into my house. THANK GOD. I told my landlord and he proceeded to tell me that "YOU HAVE ENEMIES" I didn't call the police because no one got in, or it could have been kids playing around.

The landlord told me he is not fixing the window. What do I do? :confused::( :mad: :eek:

My response:

I'm sorry, but you're about the 4th Canadian that has written to us in the last two days. Do Canadians have trouble reading? The instructions plainly state, in RED WORDS, no less - -

"**** U.S. LAW ONLY - PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STATE BECAUSE LAWS VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.****"

Also, why do you think that the posting window had the following question in it?

"What is your STATE name?"

To which, you wrote "British Columbia, Canada." That should have been a clue to you.

Is "British Columbia, Canada" a State?

IAAL

FarmerJ

Chris look in your provinces govt web page for landlord tenant info If its not there contact local govt center and find out wich ministry can tell you the info you need

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">