• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Window

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

YikeswhyMe

What is the name of your state? Texas
Neighbor across The street was edging his yard. And A rock shattered my whole back window of my Excursion. He didnt care that he did. I told him that he will have to pay for it. So he referred me to a window shop. the agreement was that I would pay for it and he will pay me back In payment. Well its been almost a month and he is avoiding me. Can I take him to court So I can get my money back. Please Please help. What should I do? :(

BelizeBreeze

YikeswhyMe said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
Neighbor across The street was edging his yard. And A rock shattered my whole back window of my Excursion. He didnt care that he did. I told him that he will have to pay for it. So he referred me to a window shop. the agreement was that I would pay for it and he will pay me back In payment. Well its been almost a month and he is avoiding me. Can I take him to court So I can get my money back. Please Please help. What should I do? :(
Hold the agreement you signed with him up to the monitor so we can read and evaluate it and your chances of recovery.

JETX

YikeswhyMe said:
Can I take him to court So I can get my money back. Please Please help. What should I do? :(
Yes, you can take him to court. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything.
However, based on your post, you have no case against him as he was NOT 'at fault'..... unless you can prove that he 'aimed' his weedeater to purposely throw the rock at your car.
File a claim with YOUR comprehensive insurance.

Oh, and his 'agreement' also doesn't matter as it is NOT a contract... since it is missing numerous 'essential elements'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">