• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother/Sister

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Orion486

Here's the situation: My sister and myself are sole and equal(50/50) owners of a home and property. Both our names are on mortage, tax, and home equity loan. She decided to leave the premises on 10/00 for personal reasons and stated to me "I suggest you sell"! Since that time I have paid all costs(mortage, taxes, loan), at great financial hardship, as you can imagine.
I paid off the mortage as of 05/04 and continue to pay taxes and loan(about 120.00 mo. till 08/07). Recently I informed her that I intend to sell. I said we should split(50/50) the proceeds minus her(mortage,taxes,loan) share which I have been paying since her departure. She told me that she wants 50% and does not have to compensate me for my paying her share during her abandonment/dissertion of her financial obligations since 10/00! These costs amount to about $40,000! She stated that she consulted a lawyer and these are her rights.
I can't believe this. I know you will advise to consult a lawyer, but please advise. Thank you all.

orion486

HomeGuru

Orion486 said:
Here's the situation: My sister and myself are sole and equal(50/50) owners of a home and property. Both our names are on mortage, tax, and home equity loan. She decided to leave the premises on 10/00 for personal reasons and stated to me "I suggest you sell"! Since that time I have paid all costs(mortage, taxes, loan), at great financial hardship, as you can imagine.
I paid off the mortage as of 05/04 and continue to pay taxes and loan(about 120.00 mo. till 08/07). Recently I informed her that I intend to sell. I said we should split(50/50) the proceeds minus her(mortage,taxes,loan) share which I have been paying since her departure. She told me that she wants 50% and does not have to compensate me for my paying her share during her abandonment/dissertion of her financial obligations since 10/00! These costs amount to about $40,000! She stated that she consulted a lawyer and these are her rights.
I can't believe this. I know you will advise to consult a lawyer, but please advise. Thank you all.

orion486

**A: all that diatribe and not one piece of important info that we can use.
You failed to tell us who is on title.

BelizeBreeze

HomeGuru said:
**A: no, I was going to say are you austin powers?
Actually, I've been to Austin but lost the power.

But in Texarkana it came in a bottle...

and then In Plains it came in little blue pills.

ahhh the power. It's a wonderful thing when you hae a little texas lass on the hook .....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">