• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother won't pay his share of property taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
North Carolina

His name is on the deed and my other brother and I don't want to lose this property.



Senior Member
Keep a running total of the cost that was to be shared. Also speak to a atty to learn what the cost of a partition suit could run. AT some point every penny you pay for the non payer will bite the non payer back when it comes to partition suit. Make sure you keep every reciept in a secure place like a bank box.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential