• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Builder is not responding to complaints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nille23

Tennesse-Our home is not even a year old yet and the problems with it continue to mount. Some examples, tiles in the kitchen and bathroom are separating and are even beginning to buckle and peel up; the bathroom door doesn't fit correctly and sometimes I can't get the door open; a gigantic puddle forms on the sidewalk at the foot of our wooden steps that takes days to dry up and will eventually rot the steps out; our heat pump is sitting eight inches onto our neighbors property; the sheet-rock is seperated from the ceiling so much so that you can see light shining in from other rooms; the seams in our carpet are showing through and the carpet is pulling out from under the sill-plate to where it is beginning to pull completely up. I could go on.

I have called several times to the builder and I have also turned in a 90 day list that I was promised would be completed and of course never has. I don't want a year to pass me by without doing something. Is there a law in Tennesse that requires them to repair this mess? What should I do next?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">