• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Builder terminated contract.........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

key_sucks

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

We started contruction on a new home in early April. Interest locked in at end of April. With 120 lock in, our builder was sure he would be finished in time. After numerous things were done incorrectly, and with enough complaining from us, most were fixed with the exception of one thing. So we were pretty much happy with the house. Then, the bank we were using for our mortgage loan was bought out. The entire loan dept. moved to another mortgage co. Needless to say we did not close at the end of August like we were supposed to. Anyway, our builder terminated our contract saying that we held up construction by not giving them our paint colors soon enough. That is simply not true. They had a month to paint, and did. The letter we received about the termination stated that the house was ready at the end of August. Then how did our paint selection timing have anything to do with it?? Builder is trying to blame us for something that is not our fault. It has to do with the mortgage co. We had to transfer everything b/c the mortgage ppl went to the new company, and the old bank said they couldn't get it done in time. What do we do?

key_sucks

I guess you guys can scratch this........
My husband talked to the mortgage co. this morning and they told him after talking to the builder, that the reason the termination letter was sent was because he didn't receive the new contract with the updated sell price from us. So he assumed we didn't have the money to go through with the deal. I guess we are partly to blame for not getting the paperwork back, but nobody bothered to call and ask why we hadn't returned it yet. Supposedly, everything is back on. Geeze!!!!!
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">