• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Building construction impact on indiv. unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frndlyjen

What is the name of your state? California

Hi,

The building my condo is in is currently under reconstruction for damage to the exterior/stucco due to fog and moisture. The association voted last Feb. to have the stucco stripped off and replaced, and to have all of our glass doors and windows replaced, but there were no specifics in the documents we signed.

It has come to my attention that the builders intend to lessen the width of the glass balcony doors in my unit and units like mine by 4 feet. In my unit, this means completely losing my view of the SF Bay from my living room and therefore reducing the value of my unit. This is not the case for the other units impacted.

The windows and doors are covered in the CCR's as homeowner's association property. However, they will be building a wall to replace where the doors were, which directly impacts the interior of my living room. What can I do?

Thanks!
Jennifer

HomeGuru

frndlyjen said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hi,

The building my condo is in is currently under reconstruction for damage to the exterior/stucco due to fog and moisture. The association voted last Feb. to have the stucco stripped off and replaced, and to have all of our glass doors and windows replaced, but there were no specifics in the documents we signed.

It has come to my attention that the builders intend to lessen the width of the glass balcony doors in my unit and units like mine by 4 feet. In my unit, this means completely losing my view of the SF Bay from my living room and therefore reducing the value of my unit. This is not the case for the other units impacted.

The windows and doors are covered in the CCR's as homeowner's association property. However, they will be building a wall to replace where the doors were, which directly impacts the interior of my living room. What can I do?

Thanks!
Jennifer
**A: review the approved and permitted plans and specs, HOA/Board meeting minutes and go see an attorney this week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">