• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bulletin Board Disclaimers and other legal advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HBA

What is the name of your state? WA

I am starting a commercial bulletin board similar to this one however with homebuilt aircraft as the subject matter. It will be a place for individuals to get together and discuss techniques for building their own aircraft, from kits or otherwise.

I am concerned about my possible liability if someone is given bad advice on my board that results in an accident or financial loss to one of the members. What can I do to mitigate the risks? Since I will only be providing the forum for free discussion, could I be considered liable?

Also, there will be a section of the site dedicate for people to post parts and partially completed aircraft for sale. How does this affect the above, if at all?

Thanks in advance.

Jake

ALawyer

All of life's endeavors involvesrisk, and this board has all sorts of consipcuous disclaimers. ALso, all those who post questions have to agree to waive liability when they enroll, and I gather the site is generally monitored, although all postings are not necessarily reviewed for accuracy or correctness. BUT few people are likely to lose their lives in a plane crash if they follow advice on it, so I assume there is less of a risk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">