• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bullied, got depression long time back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

The only thing that looks the least bit actionable was a breach of whatever implied lease you MIGHT have had. Contracts only have a six-year limitations period. Even if you were able to prove that, all you'd get were the damages (relocation expenses) involved there.

The fact someone did something upsetting to you and you are depressed isn't actionable (and if it were, it would have to be brought in 2 years). You didn't develop depression because someone kicked you out of a shared abode. You wouldn't prove causality there. Get professional psychiatric help, this is not a LEGAL issue.

Gail in Georgia

" I didn't get any physical injury, but asking me to leave at midnight, and next day didn't open door for me and I have to stay outside for many hours."

I agree with the need for some therapy. And from the above I got the impression that being "kicked out" was only temporary; that the OP had to stay outside "for many hours" but, perhaps, was allowed back inside?

Gail

FlyingRon

It's immaterial. He could have been locked out for hours or for life, it neither supports a claim of action nor is it going to cause "depression" in itself.
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">