• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business auto insurance law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

d26147

I contract for a radiologist to do mobile ultrasounds in WV. I live in WV and the sites I go to are in WV and Ohio. He owns the van and the equipment, and the mobile company, but he lives in NC. I am not considered an employee of him, but an independant contractor of services. There is no business office of his here in WV. He has the van licensed and insured in NC, requiring me to drive there once a year to get it reinspected. I question if he can legally have this van licensed and insured in a state which it does not reside in-the van is kept at my house when not on the road. Being a business vehicle, is it exempt from laws governing private vehicles, or is he trying to pull a fast one that might get me into trouble?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">