• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business auto insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rmgp

We are a wisconsin based business. We were quoted auto insurance for our business that was very high $3600.00 I told my agent to shop for lower rates. He found lower rates $1700.00 and I told him to write the policy. When he wrote the policy, the insurance company turned it down so he in turn wrote the policy for the higher premium without my authorization and billed me for it. Now the agent claims I owe him this money. Do I have any recourse?

JETX

Depending on the FULL circumstances, you can refuse to pay the higher bill since the agent was working without your authorization.

Ask the agent (in writing) to furnish proof that you authorized his entering the policy at that rate.

R

rmgp

They have not been able to produce a signed copy of the authorization however claim verbal authorization. They have retained an attorney to sue me for the unpaid higher premium. Should I get an attorney? If so what do I look for, corporate? insurance related? Or do I need one at all if there is no signed authorization? Any help would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">