• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business buyer borrowed money on sellers name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Farhan

What is the name of your state? Victoria
I sold a business. The buyer did not transfer the name but continued operating in my name. Then the buyer borrowed money in my name and closed the business. Now the money lender is after me. What should I do?

quincy

I sold a business. The buyer did not transfer the name but continued operating in my name. Then the buyer borrowed money in my name and closed the business. Now the money lender is after me. What should I do?
FreeAdvice addresses US law questions only. Sorry.

LdiJ

You should probably get the police involved...in whatever country you are in.

quincy

More facts would be necessary .. this if we answered questions from other countries, which we don't.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">