• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Law Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoplifting is a very serious problem for retail store owners, with millions of dollars of merchandise stolen each year. Obviously, some shoplifters put clothing and other items under their clothes and then attempt to leave the store. Video cameras in every bathroom and dressing room would undoubtedly reduce successful shoplifting. Using rights principles of ethics, what ethical issues are raised by such action?

Thanks for the help!

PayrollHRGuy

If it isn't homework what is it. You just demanded we research and write a paper on "Using rights principles of ethics, what ethical issues are raised by such action." Just because you added a question mark at the end doesn't make it a question.

If you have a legal question about ask it and I suggest you ask it in the correct sub-forum. This has nothing to do with Libel / Slander / Defamation

How did I demand you to research and write a paper that doesn't make sense. I said nothing about getting an essay out of it, I asked a question!! I mean that is what this forum is for, isn't it??!!! If your not going to put anything helpful then don't comment on my thread!!!

WOW!!! I'm rude??!! All I did was submit a thread and this is what I get in return. I suggest you guys get a life!! Obviously you guys spend too much time on here and take it way to serious!!! If you don't want to help then move on and give your so called free advice somewhere else!!

Yes I did!! Like I said if you have a problem and you have nothing good to say then don't post on a thread and act rude and expect no one to say anything back. That's my free advice to you.

PayrollHRGuy

You still haven't asked your question about a problem and you still haven't asked it in the right place. You asked for a philosophical discussion on an issue. That isn't asking for advice.

Just Blue

Yes I did!! Like I said if you have a problem and you have nothing good to say then don't post on a thread and act rude and expect no one to say anything back. That's my free advice to you.
Emily I don't think you are going to get out of this site what you want. You should just go to an attorney with your question. Have a good day...

Bambi

quincy

Shoplifting is a very serious problem for retail store owners, with millions of dollars of merchandise stolen each year. Obviously, some shoplifters put clothing and other items under their clothes and then attempt to leave the store. Video cameras in every bathroom and dressing room would undoubtedly reduce successful shoplifting. Using rights principles of ethics, what ethical issues are raised by such action?

Thanks for the help!
There could be privacy issues involved with cameras in dressing rooms - although some establishments have signs posted advising that dressing room areas are monitored.

I vaguely remember one case where a customer challenged camera use in the dressing rooms and, if memory serves me, the court found in favor of the establishment. I can't remember the state.

I see nothing about your post that would indicate this has anything to do with defamation, however.

Did you have a specific legal concern?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
There could be privacy issues involved with cameras in dressing rooms - although some establishments have signs posted advising that dressing room areas are monitored.

I vaguely remember one case where a customer challenged camera use in the dressing rooms and, if memory serves me, the court found in favor of the establishment.

I see nothing about your post that would indicate this has anything to do with defamation, however.
Please see the OP's other thread. When given the LAW, she sniped back.

I vaguely remember one case where a customer challenged camera use in the dressing rooms and, if memory serves me, the court found in favor of the establishment. I can't remember the state.

Did you have a specific legal concern?
Yes I heard about that. I also heard walmart security was found guilty doing that some years ago. It was their security team that did it and they were fired. Walmart was not aware that their security team did it.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. I just wanted to know specifically what laws what would be violated in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">