• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business ownership dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida-Broward County
Incorporated business (S Corp.) 8 yrs. in operation, currently on sale. We are 2 shareholders entitle 50% ea. One partner (myself) wants to leave the business due to verbal harrasement and hostile work enviroment coming from my partner. In a previous settlement we both agreed to split 50%-50% the profit from the business sale. My business partner is making my life miserable day by day, he is making changes behind my back and making decisions on his own without my permission. After a verbal confrontation my partner demanded for me not to come back to the office. Certainly overwhelm, I decided to stay away to avoid another confrontation. In my absence I tried to contact him everyday to discuss a possible solution, but it took him 3 days to respond. Now he is acusing me of abandoning work. Also, he had told other employees that I had quit and he had limit my access to the business bank account, mail and other office duties I had always manage for years. I was also told, he is talking to customers about me and trashing my image. Since work enviroment is not healthy or appropiate anymore for myself or the business, What can I do to claim my 50% and leave without having to wait for a sale? Which are my legal rights to stop my partner from taking over? I'm entitled to received my salary and profits? He refuse to negotiate and he doesn't want me around the business. He is also interviewing people to replace me. Help please !!!!
Last edited:

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Is the 50-50 agreement in writing?

Do you all have a written partnership agreement?

Consult with a busines law attorney to find out the best way to proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential