• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business partner died

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RJean54

What is the name of your state? NC
I have been working with a partner for 2 years, have invested $19,000 and taken no salary.
My involvement was with a DBA, part of a corp. registered as a Personal Consulting business. (C Corp.)
My partner was in an accident and died. The estimated debt is $75,000 and estimated equity is $10,000.
What happens to a company when the only named officer dies? What do I offer the widow to buy the company? Can I put a lien on the company for the cash money I had put in?

L

loku

Your rights depend on the type of entity this was. You say “My involvement was with a DBA, part of a corp. registered as a Personal Consulting business. (C Corp.)” I don’t understand. Was this a corporation? And do you own stock? Or was it a partnership with you as a partner? Or did you simply make a loan to the business?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">