• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business partner/landlord - tenant dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joydancer

What is the name of your state? Florida my ex-husband is a "dis-abled eteran". he has a verbal agreement with his business partner/landlord to live in her condo until it is sold so that it is not vacant and he is there to show it. since then, the business partnership has been disolved due to non-payment of her to him for his labor and service for the past 13 months. now she has decided 3 days ago, to evict him unless he starts paying rent and doing all labor on repairs in the condo. what is the process of eviction in this case and what kind of time limit does he have. she even came in while he was gone and changed the locks so he had to sleep outside on his porch. thanking you for your advice in advance, joydancer:confused:

R

reddenbakker

It is illegal in america for a landlord to lock out a tenant, your ex-hubby should have called the police on her.

The landlord must give him a 30 day notice to make all changes to a month to month lease.

So he can demand it in writing and then move in 30 days and he wont owe her a cent.

remember you live in America, people fought and died for this great country and one of the rights we have is to be secure in our homes until a judge orders us to move, after we had our day in court and lost. I'm very surprised your ex didnt know what he was fighting for to wind up disabled.

Last edited:
J

joydancer

business partner/landlord tenant issue

Thank you for your advice. I told my ex-hubby and he informed his business partner that he didn't have to move out for 30 days and had the cops make her let him in. Now she has backed off...,for the moment, which is good because it will give him time to seek a "business" lawyer to see what his options are. All is well, for now. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">