• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business partner stole company/equipment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peace21

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.. Last October I started a business with a co worker.... We had both signed a no-compete with our old company so we moved out of the 50miles radius as to not conflict with the old company. I put up all of the money to get the new company started. We never incorporated our company together. My partner incorperated alone and left me with no company and still owing money of the equipment that I had purchased... I checked out "our" web page and he is still working and using equipment that is in my name and not yet paid for. Do I report this as theft of equipment/company??????? not really sure what to do!!!

Go back to the Atty you used to set all this up so your interest would be protected from the very start. Hmmm let me guess you did not use one. Do you all have ANY kind of contract covering contingencies like this that might happen along the way?

peace21

Yea... well here's the funny part....the atty is my partners girlfriend..... he's covered all of his bases.....(maybe??) I never sighned any type of contract or anything...... just verbal 50/50....

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">