• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jschoony

He is earning money using company equipment that he stores takes care of and only uses his personal money when equipment is being used on personal time

quincy

What is the company equipment that is being used? What kind of work is being done for the company and in your side job?

adjusterjack

He is earning money using company equipment that he stores takes care of and only uses his personal money when equipment is being used on personal time
You've been dancing around this permission thing for a while. No matter what you think it means, I will bet that the employer did not say "Joe, it's OK to use my equipment on side jobs to make yourself money." Joe risks being fired for doing do, probably for misconduct which will disqualify him for unemployment compensation. Is that what you wanted to know?

quincy

I would really like to know what the “equipment” is. If it is a company vehicle, with the company’s name on the side, there can be other legal issues raised by its personal use.

quincy

It sounds like he wants an answer for both his friend and for himself, as they are both in the same situation. But I agree clarification AND answers to the other questions asked would be nice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">