• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business scam/fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Xclusivechris

My business was sued for contract fraud and there was never a contract. Plaintiff sent info to an old address and I was never served but now I have a judgment and they have garnished my wages and my account was negative after so. What should I do until I can get an attorney? I have filed an appeal because the judge denied my motion to vacate judgment based off a an error in paperwork.

Just Blue

My business was sued for contract fraud and there was never a contract. Plaintiff sent info to an old address and I was never served but now I have a judgment and they have garnished my wages and my account was negative after so. What should I do until I can get an attorney? I have filed an appeal because the judge denied my motion to vacate judgment based off a an error in paperwork.
What state?

adjusterjack

You've probably made a bunch of mistakes doing without an attorney until now so don't do anything else on your own.

Get an attorney ASAP.

quincy

Your state name is important.

Contracts do not (always) have to be in writing to be enforceable. Oral agreements are still agreements.

A plaintiff has more options available than personal service when serving a summons and complaint on a defendant. It is possible that the plaintiff used an alternate means of service.

I agree with Adjusterjack that it is probably time for you to get an attorney involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">