• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business structure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrMinority

What is the name of your state? PA

Does a LLC offer protection against creditors one has that were signed by an individual (me) if the LLC is established with a spouse as one of the "members" or is it best to make the spouse the principal and me as just a member? Currently I am a sole proprietor and have been thinking of changing my business structure, will that change be a complicated matter from any other aspect with regards to current EIN's, etc.
THANKS.

MrMinority

let me re post

Let me repost this question differently.
I have a Sole Prop le't's call John Doe, DBA Doe Consulting. If I become an LLC can I still DBA Doe Consulting? In otherwords, simply change my structure and name but continue on as before without major complications. I do realize I will have tax changes to make ... just changing ownership style in the form of an LLC.
Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">