• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business took deposit and closed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peggy hamburg

Illinois -

After investigating and receiving quotes for a new roof I contracted Gandy Home Impreovement to replace my roof. I gave them $4,300 down on the job and was told that they would begin that weekend. They called two days later to say they were running behind on another job and would be here on the following weekend. That was the last I heard from them. All phones were disconnected and I am out $4,300. Gandy has apparently gone out of business "suddenly." This is according to the company who bought Gandy's 800 number. I see that Gandy in other states are apparently still in business. My question - how do I get back my $4,300 back. I haven't had a job in over a year and don't have any money to hire a lawyer. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. Can you help?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">