• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Busk in Toronto streets as a foreign person who has a eTA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex2099

Toronto. Hello.I have a question regarding busking on Toronto streets as a foreign visitor with an eTA. Is this allowed? as I can see that performing artists like buskers don't need a working permit. I'm from Mexico but have been in Canada twice, for long periods (3-5 months on each).

eerelations

In Canada, work is work, even if it's unpaid. Busking is viewed as work, and therefore you need a work permit to do so in Canada.

alex2099

In Canada, work is work, even if it's unpaid. Busking is viewed as work, and therefore you need a work permit to do so in Canada.
Actually, on Canada's official website it says IF YOU'RE A PERFORMING ARTIST (LIKE A BUSKER, DJ, ETC.), YOU DON'T NEED A WORKING PERMIT. Therefore, as stated, buskers don't need a working permit, according to Canada's official website. What I'd like to know is if if you or anybody else, who are aware of the legal field, have some idea if there's some fine print (which I haven't found on Canada's website) or any restriction.

eerelations

Actually, on Canada's official website it says IF YOU'RE A PERFORMING ARTIST (LIKE A BUSKER, DJ, ETC.), YOU DON'T NEED A WORKING PERMIT. Therefore, as stated, buskers don't need a working permit, according to Canada's official website. What I'd like to know is if if you or anybody else, who are aware of the legal field, have some idea if there's some fine print (which I haven't found on Canada's website) or any restriction.
You still need Canada Immigration to accept you. Some buskers are accepted, some are not. I think the best way to convince them is to show proof (i.e., documented evidence) that what you do as a busker will 1) get you no money whatsoever, and 2) will not prevent any Canadian from doing then same thing for money.

quincy

alex2009, FreeAdvice focuses on US laws and legal concerns. You will need to find assistance in Canada. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">