• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buy a policy on my father?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schrinediggity

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My father was recently in the hospital and they have discovered a spot on his lung. He has not been diagnosed with lung cancer yet. But to me thats a pretty easy conclusion to make, he is a heave smoker and has been for years. Anyways, I know he doesn't have all that much in life insurance for my mother if he does in deed have cancer and passes away. Is there a way I can take out a policy on him just for some extra money for my mother?

seniorjudge

schrinediggity said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My father was recently in the hospital and they have discovered a spot on his lung. He has not been diagnosed with lung cancer yet. But to me thats a pretty easy conclusion to make, he is a heave smoker and has been for years. Anyways, I know he doesn't have all that much in life insurance for my mother if he does in deed have cancer and passes away. Is there a way I can take out a policy on him just for some extra money for my mother?
Q: Is there a way I can take out a policy on him just for some extra money for my mother?

A: Yes, if two things happen: He agrees to it and you can find a carrier who will insure him.

J

jcardozo

no one is going to insure him when he apparently has lung cancer already. just as an fyi.

J

jcardozo

he wants to know if he can get insurance. I'm preventing him from wasting his time trying to find life insurance for someone with signs of lung cancer.

jcardozo said:
he wants to know if he can get insurance. I'm preventing him from wasting his time trying to find life insurance for someone with signs of lung cancer.

What a guy.

However, not to belabor the obvious, but any poster who purports to be a dead justice has issues beyond this forum.

Betty

It's not likely any ins. co. will issue a policy on your father's life - at least not until a diagnosis of his medical condition is made. If it is cancer, he is probably out of luck. If it is not cancer, there is a "possibility" of coverage being issued though it might be issued at a rate higher than normal. (really need to know diagnosis)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">