• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buyer/co-buyer libilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texascamper

What is the name of your state? I live in Texas, Grandson lives in California. He wants me to co-sign on a car loan. I agreed to do this for him. When dealer sent me the paperwork he had me listed as the buyer and grandson as the co-buyer. Forms said nonthing about co-signing. Dealer says that's the way they do things in California. My concern is if he had a bad accident and his insurance was unable to pay it all, would I be libel? I'm willing to be responsible for paying the note if he should default, but nonthing else. Is there a way to protect myself or should I tell the dealer to stuff it? I'm retired on a fixed income and don't want to put myself in a position of being wiped out financually

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">