• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying a boat from an individual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meinjo

What is the name of your state?alabama
I have arranged to buy a boat from an individual. I will be paying cash for it.
Agreed price is 15k, he owes 14k against it and has 1k equity. Is it as simple as signing a bill of sale, give his bank a check for 14k and give him a check for 1k? I assume his bank will then send him the title and he has to sign it over to me, right? His bank is out of state, so we cant meet there to close the deal. Dont know if it matters, but he filed chapter 13 several years ago. I'm a little worried about the out of town bank and his chapter 13, I dont do this very often and dont want to make any mistakes.

Thanks!
D

BelizeBreeze

Ask him for the name and address of his bank and a contact person. Then call them and ask them how they would prefer to proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">