• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying a car... can I return it like clothes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nalang

I bought a car on Aprile 14th.
I have no sufficient credit so the interest was going to be VERY high. The finance person said I could get either about 14% interest rate or 10% with extended warranty and auto-theft security + window etching. The monthly payment was the same so I thought why not?

I finally got around to read the fine letters and found out the following.
1. the warranty was not extension. It was overlaid.
2. the window etching was charged extra even though it was included in the package.
3. the auto-theft security gaurantee thing was "discount" toward the replacement car from the "original dealer" "up-to" $5,000 and is costing me about $2,000. It has so many strings it's not worthy anything.

So the question is, I am mad and want to know
1. if I can null the contract since it's less than a month.
2. if I can re-negotiate the contract.

Also, they sent me back my insurance card saying there was something wrong. The insurance agency said the car was the legal document and they could not doctor it.
The dealer does not know what is wrong with it and is not very cooporative in returning the phone call and all. My temporary registraion is almost up and I haven't gotten permanent one or title.

I'd like to know if I am entitled to demand or sue them in case they screw up the registration. I gave them all required documents in right form in time so not being able to register is not my fault, isn't it?
(they make it sound like I am an idiot or something. they send me documents in general mail and expect me send back in express mail.)

Please let me sleep at night.

nalang

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">