• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying a trailer turned wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Perfectsin21

I recently put money down on a trailer. The guy selling it and I made a deal I put some much down and keep paying till its done then the trailer is mine.. Well since I have moved in his whole family has harassed me every single week I was getting texts where I just took the battery out of my phone and now my wife gets them.. My health declined really bad and I lost my job and my wife can't make ends meet at the moment. dudes sister in law is the manager for the lots and who is mainly harassing me and has no part on the deal that was made. We was less then 24 hours late and put a court sign on our door which is another issue. So we are supposed to have to leave the property and quite honest sick of being harassed.. I'm going through congestive heart failure and I'm pretty much dying I don't feel I should have to deal with this. My question is since I no longer can live here nor want to am I entitled to the money I paid him since the deal will be off?
The money I paid was to buy it so I figured if I'm not buying it then he has no rights to the money.. Or once it hit his hand its his regardless of if I buy the house or not?
I know he doesn't have the money he blows me up for any penny he can get. But now this leaves me homeless. Kind of need the money.. Thank you so much.
also on the agreement he was supposed to do things to the trailer that was never done like replace a roof that won't survive during the winter told us if he didn't replace it it would cave in. Then just today said he cant do it he would have to do it in summer and he needs us to pay him he's broke.
Again I hope u can help I don't know what to do and all this stress has put so much weight on my heart.
Have a wonderful day and thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

FarmerJ

If you cannot pay your lot rent that has nothing to do with any deal to purchase the home. If the manager is related to him, that has nothing to do with the deal to buy the home. Your states laws will address mobile home- manufactured home communities and what a park manager -owner must do as to notices and lot rentals . AS to heart problems I understand what its like , since April of 2000 , four heart surgeries here , last one was triple bypass and that didn't fix every thing. SO I gather you have a written contract to buy it , is this contract recorded at the county ? AS to the lot the home sits on do you have a written lease for it ?

Perfectsin21

What I'm asking is since 1 can't live here 2 don't want to live here.. That ends the deal. Because I do not want to buy this home can I get what I paid back. Or is he entitled to keep the money.

As for the lot issue.. Because of all the harassment the manager has done I am fighting it. Since I have moved in she has harassed us. Threating to take me to court over an issue that has nothing to do with her or anyone for that matter all be cuz dude and his wife was fighting she threatened to take us to court if we didn't tell her and his wife what I have paid him over the few weeks.

I have written contracts with everything.
As for the heart I'm going thru congestive heart failure and my health is declining fast. This is the last thing I wanna deal with.

Perfectsin21

Pretty much because he did not complete his end of the deal and the harassment I do not want to continue living here and this has been a Convo me and my wife has had pretty much over the last month but because of me being sick its hard to function let alone move. I can not deal with the harassment it's gotten so out of hand for no reason.. I'm happy to leave i just want to know if I'm walking away empty handed after all I paid and have done to the home.

Gail in Georgia

"What I'm asking is since 1 can't live here 2 don't want to live here.. That ends the deal. Because I do not want to buy this home can I get what I paid back. Or is he entitled to keep the money."

Let's look at it this way. Say you decide to buy a new car. You put money down for the car and drive it off the lot. Two weeks later you decide you can't afford the car. You don't want the car. Do you believe that ends the deal because you think so and because of that you get to get back what you put down for the car?

Gail

Perfectsin21

Its a simple question.
Do I feel a car and a home are two different things ... Yes. I'm Paying to own the home and no longer can and again there was details to buying this home he did not do.
But thank u for ur opinion.

Just Blue

Its a simple question.
Do I feel a car and a home are two different things ... Yes. I'm Paying to own the home and no longer can and again there was details to buying this home he did not do.
But thank u for ur opinion.
No. You can not get the money back on the home. Feel free to sue for it...but you will not prevail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">