• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buying Abandoned Property in Illinios

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Viccimus

My husband and I live in Illinios. We have recently fallen in love with a house and would love to make it our home. The building has been abandoned for over three years and the neighbors are compaining. The property is in good condition, but i9t sitting empty is posing problems for the neighborhood. I went to the deeds office and was given a copy of the owners title, thinking that they had gone delinquent on thier taxes and the house was repocessed. But the information was hardly helpful as the owner no longer lives at the address I was given and I cannot find who would have a lean on the estate. How should I proceed? Can you recomend any place I can receive information on purchasing abandoned property in the state of Illinios? Any or all information would be greatly appreciated. We would love to make that house a home agian. Thank you.

HomeGuru

Viccimus said:
My husband and I live in Illinios. We have recently fallen in love with a house and would love to make it our home. The building has been abandoned for over three years and the neighbors are compaining. The property is in good condition, but i9t sitting empty is posing problems for the neighborhood. I went to the deeds office and was given a copy of the owners title, thinking that they had gone delinquent on thier taxes and the house was repocessed. But the information was hardly helpful as the owner no longer lives at the address I was given and I cannot find who would have a lean on the estate. How should I proceed? Can you recomend any place I can receive information on purchasing abandoned property in the state of Illinios? Any or all information would be greatly appreciated. We would love to make that house a home agian. Thank you.

**A: do a title search and talk to a real estate attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">