• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bying online, selling in store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKROO

South Africa - Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated as I do not have any business knowledge.

I want to buy a whole range of products online from one specific website that delivers in our area and sell a vast range of products. We own a family business and I want to put up a poster on our window to advertise. Most of our clients are coloured people and farmers. We are very far from any big cities. That is where I see the gap for this business as people are struggling to get things they really need. From appliances through to medicines.

I know this can work. My questions:

1) What percentage ( %) should I ask on top of the selling price of the website? I will order stuff that is on sale to maximise profit. Like " Russel Hobb 1600 W iron" I can purchase this for R209 (ZAR) or $14.42 (UDS) to give an example. 15%, 30% what? For my trouble to order products. Should there be a handling fee? What other fees would you recommend?

2) How should I compose the poster to advertise for such a vast range of products? Should I include some pictures? Or should I state that I have these (specific)
products on special and put up those pictures only? Or should I name all categories with some pictures? Please help me with text, examples or even websites or templates to advertise?

3) What "rules" should I specify for this business? (below are some I thought of...)

* Your order will receive an "estimated delivery date" which will be under 10 days. (this website deliver in 3-5 days) Please plan accordingly.
* Urgent parcels will be done for an additional cost of R100 (ZAR) $6.917 (USD)
* Please note that all orders are prepayable. Steps for ordering : Order by phone, SMS or WhatsApp, Pay for order, receive receipt and order number, get SMS or WhatsApp when the order arrives, collect your order from (address). Not satisfied? Contact me to set up a refund or product swap. No hassle!

Any other tips for me? Things I should consider or look out for? Any helpful websites?

Thank you very much for ANY helpful advise.

quincy

South Africa - Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated as I do not have any business knowledge.

I want to buy a whole range of products online from one specific website that delivers in our area and sell a vast range of products. We own a family business and I want to put up a poster on our window to advertise. Most of our clients are coloured people and farmers. We are very far from any big cities. That is where I see the gap for this business as people are struggling to get things they really need. From appliances through to medicines.

I know this can work. My questions:

1) What percentage ( %) should I ask on top of the selling price of the website? I will order stuff that is on sale to maximise profit. Like " Russel Hobb 1600 W iron" I can purchase this for R209 (ZAR) or $14.42 (UDS) to give an example. 15%, 30% what? For my trouble to order products. Should there be a handling fee? What other fees would you recommend?

2) How should I compose the poster to advertise for such a vast range of products? Should I include some pictures? Or should I state that I have these (specific)
products on special and put up those pictures only? Or should I name all categories with some pictures? Please help me with text, examples or even websites or templates to advertise?

3) What "rules" should I specify for this business? (below are some I thought of...)

* Your order will receive an "estimated delivery date" which will be under 10 days. (this website deliver in 3-5 days) Please plan accordingly.
* Urgent parcels will be done for an additional cost of R100 (ZAR) $6.917 (USD)
* Please note that all orders are prepayable. Steps for ordering : Order by phone, SMS or WhatsApp, Pay for order, receive receipt and order number, get SMS or WhatsApp when the order arrives, collect your order from (address). Not satisfied? Contact me to set up a refund or product swap. No hassle!

Any other tips for me? Things I should consider or look out for? Any helpful websites?

Thank you very much for ANY helpful advise.
FreeAdvice handles US law questions only. Sorry.

quincy

Ok. Thank you. This was not a LAW question though. Only general advice...
I know. And your questions are good ones.

But because we only address the laws of the US on this forum, and the laws and business practices of South Africa differ from the laws and business practices in the US in significant ways, we can't help you.

I suggest you find legal and business advice and direction in your area of South Africa.

I wish you good luck with your family business, CKROO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">