• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

C.A obligated to report first date of delinquency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

compton85

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Just an update on a ghost debt from Germany. A US based debt collector has finally submitted to Transunion. Looking at the information provided it states the account was "opened" July 28th, 2017. However, the first date of delinquency on the statement provided from the C.A, is September 2013. I am under the assumption that under FCRA, C.A are obligated to report said date of delinquency. I to am under the assumption that the 7 year time period begins not long after said first date of delinquency. Now while reading through, §*623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer
reporting agencies [15 U.S.C. §*1681s-2], it does state that C.A have 90 days to report the delinquency date. I may be getting ahead of myself here this early on, but I would like for some to verify this information for me. What if the C.A does not report the first date of delinquency?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">