• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA keeps calling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bci

What is the name of your state?Is there anything I can do to have this attorney to quit calling. He insists I am responsible for a $200 debt owed by the company I worked for. He told me because I signed it I am responsible. The company is no longer in business. It was Incorporated. My name was wrongly entered as co-owner by the rep. and I am not on or have I ever been on the articles of Incorporation.

Ladynred

If the check was a company-issued check, as I assume it was, and you were not an officer of the company, then I don't believe you can be held liable just because you signed it. If that were the case, company accountants that are merely employees would beat a hasty retreat from corporate halls !!

Is there any way you can get access to the articles of incorporation that will clearly show that you were NOT a co-owner or officer of any kind ? Surely those articles are filed with some state agency. Call your State Attorney General's office and see if there's anything they can do or help you with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">