• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Mom needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? California
I am seeking help with a child abandonment issue. The biological parent has never been in the active picture. He left before she was even born and does not know if and when she was born. Has had no contact since my third month of pregnancy. Was aware of pregnancy and has made no effort to contact me and I have been unable to find him. i want to know what my first step should be. I want to file for abandonment and make sure I have all the legal custody and eventually my husband would like to adopt her. She will be 8 years old in 2 days. No contact from him ever since she was born. Please tell me my first step.:( :( :(What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?


Senior Member
The first thing you do is to go to your county court house to the family law faciliators office and file to establish paternity, because you need his permission or a court order for your husband to adopt. You cna also contact a family law atorney who can assist you in the adoption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential