• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA New Home Defect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? CA / San Diego

REPOST to be in the right forum??

I recently ran into a problem with my home again with my home builder. It is just 3 yrs old but I have so many problems with the house.

The lastest one was the Rats that live inside my drywalls for the past one year. Couple weeks ago, the rats had chewed inside out and invaded inside my house. They left with a hole in my half bathroom wall (that is a wall away from the outside around the house wall - 2nd wall). BTW, this half bathroom is also smelled very strong of urine from those Rats through the year. I complained to the builder regarding the smell and chewing noise last year but no luck.

Now, with the hole on the wall, I called and complained to the Home Builder but they refused to embellishment and took care the Pest Control fee as they stated they are not warranting pest issue, however, we believe they had built gaps that gave the opportunity for the raps to come in and out so often in my drywall - over one year hearing those chewing noises at nights... but we, the owner could not see / find the proof (but how you explained those rats live inside?). Anyway, after I paid the Pest Control Company to take care the rats running around inside my house, they recommended to call the County dept of Health, Rat/ Rodent control group, and bingo, they found several gaps that the builder had left out for them to come in and out and live inside my wall.

After I received the County's report and told the home builder to fix it up instead they refused. I want to sue them again BUT last year, as I had mold problem and they did refuse to fix it at start and costed me attorney fee some outreageous amount (perhaps due to my gender - Female, they thought I would not dare to sue). Later, they decided to fix it.

My question now is " Do i have a strong case for this RAT living inside drywall over year?" I wonder if there is a low fee attorney service for such problem? Pls help and advise. Thank you.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential