• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California - Omitted Spouse is a Con Artist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CA_Beneficiary

Father was a drinker who thought he found his dream woman (Stanford Graduate, working on passing her Bar Exams, sophisticated, elegant, etc...). He marries this woman, but then drowns in his jacuzzi 6 weeks after they were married.

Over the course of the next two years. The omitted spouse took over the family home of 35 years, sold off a lot of household property despite there being a court restraining order prohibiting the removal of any estate property (i.e., vehicles, outbuildings, tools, firearms, jewelry, etc...). No other family member was allowed back in the home unless accompanied by our various attorneys. Omitted spouse is now on the verge of obtaining 1/3 of the Life Insurance proceeds intended for the Father's grandchildren's educational fund, and 1/3 of the sale of the family home (also intended for the grandchildren's educational fund).

On the eve of all of this we've just learned the following: The Omitted spouse lied to our Father and never had a college degree. Omitted Spouse was a convicted felon (Grand Theft, Forgery, Embezzlement), and she has been running from a huge restitution payment she owed for the last 10 years (nearly $100,000) for the thefts she perpetrated against her employer. Woman also falsified her birthdate on her marriage certificate to our Father (made herself 6 years younger).

This is all very well documented. Can we now have her excluded as the Omitted Spouse primarily for the fraud she committed against our Father and our entire family? This is not a nice person.

CA_Beneficiary said:
Father was a drinker who thought he found his dream woman (Stanford Graduate, working on passing her Bar Exams, sophisticated, elegant, etc...). He marries this woman, but then drowns in his jacuzzi 6 weeks after they were married.

Over the course of the next two years. The omitted spouse took over the family home of 35 years, sold off a lot of household property despite there being a court restraining order prohibiting the removal of any estate property (i.e., vehicles, outbuildings, tools, firearms, jewelry, etc...). No other family member was allowed back in the home unless accompanied by our various attorneys. Omitted spouse is now on the verge of obtaining 1/3 of the Life Insurance proceeds intended for the Father's grandchildren's educational fund, and 1/3 of the sale of the family home (also intended for the grandchildren's educational fund).

On the eve of all of this we've just learned the following: The Omitted spouse lied to our Father and never had a college degree. Omitted Spouse was a convicted felon (Grand Theft, Forgery, Embezzlement), and she has been running from a huge restitution payment she owed for the last 10 years (nearly $100,000) for the thefts she perpetrated against her employer. Woman also falsified her birthdate on her marriage certificate to our Father (made herself 6 years younger).

This is all very well documented. Can we now have her excluded as the Omitted Spouse primarily for the fraud she committed against our Father and our entire family? This is not a nice person.

Repost
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=269115

hilbillyboy1982

State: Virginia (Son lives in Omaha Ne)
I can't give you an answer to your situation but I sure can empathize with you as my father landed himself in the exact same predicament. He married a woman half his age who took him for everything he had including the house and no one in the family even knew about it until it was too late. I later discovered that she has multiple identities and uses several Social Security Numbers. Would love to talk to you because maybe someting can be done about this elder abuse that is occuring. Hope your situation gets better. If you would like to discuss this further my email address is the same as my sign on name except you have to add one more letter "L" in hillbillyboy, and you would add hotmail.com as the extension. Best regards. Steve

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">