• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California, Search Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r1982

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Let me start by saying that I have a record. I have been arrested twice for petty theft and plead guilty both times. So I have a record and my fingerprints are in the LAPD system.

I was recently at an open house for a home that is for sale. I walked around the home and made my presence known. So I was not hiding anywhere or being sneaky. 85% of the time I was in the house, I was being followed by one of the agents representing the property.

I have since found out that a couple expensive watches were stolen from the home and a police report was filed. I did not give my name or phone number to the agents or the homeowner so no body at the open house knows who I am.

There are no cameras inside the home as well.

What would the police need to obtain a search warranty to search my home? How likely is it that they would? If the police ran fingerprints from the home and found a match to mine, would this be enough to obtain a warranty? Is it even likely that they would find a print?

Please give me some advice. Being arrested in the past, I know I am looked at differently. But I'm wondering if this is so small potatoes for the police, if search warrants are more for big time drugs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">