• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California state controller's office did not sell securities in a timely manner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maxwellthor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I have been dealing with an analyst at the CA State Controller's Office, trying to get an answer to my question.

According to their website, it states pursuant to CCP Sec 1563(b), "The State Controller's Office is required to sell securities no sooner than 18 months and no later than 20 months after the due date for reporting the securities to the State."

So my question to this analyst is if the State received the shares in report year of 1998, why did the State hold onto my securities for 6 years prior to selling? In doing so, I lost approximately $16,159.50, versus $403.00 when sold in 2004.

I can't get a direct answer to this question, so what is my next step? I contacted this analyst because she works in the Advocates Office for the Unclaimed Property division in the State Controller's office and I thought in doing so, I wouldn't get the run around, but that has not been the case.

How is it that the securities were not sold within the time frame according to CCP Sec 1563(b) and what recourse do I have?

Any adivce or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">