• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

called during automatic stay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kopes

What is the name of your state? MN

I filed BK7 9/10, had 341 10/4, last day for objections is 12/3. I have not heard a word from anyone since filing, but tonight someone from Capital One called about my account with them. I could barely understand the guy, he had a really thick accent, and I had to repeat my lawyer's name and number about 5 times before he got it. Why would they be calling now? Do I just keep telling them I filed or remind them that they are violating the automatic stay?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kopes said:
What is the name of your state? MN

I filed BK7 9/10, had 341 10/4, last day for objections is 12/3. I have not heard a word from anyone since filing, but tonight someone from Capital One called about my account with them. I could barely understand the guy, he had a really thick accent, and I had to repeat my lawyer's name and number about 5 times before he got it. Why would they be calling now? Do I just keep telling them I filed or remind them that they are violating the automatic stay?
My response:

The little foreign freak on the other end of the telephone doesn't know what Bankruptcy means. India doesn't have Bankruptcy.

IAAL

Ladynred

Precisely, Crap1 has outsourced its collections to the ragheads in India.
If they call again, ask for a supervisor, someone who SPEAKS ENGLISH. They ARE violating the automatic stay and all you need to do is what you did, give them your BK case number, your lawyer's name and number and hang up. If they don't stop, let your lawyer handle them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">