• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calling too much??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AWILCZ

ILLINOIS---ok a little history---used to have 50-50, me m,t and eow, him w,th and eow, eoh, etc....he decided he was moving and was taking the kids w/o my permission and kept them for 2 weeks until court ordered them returned(this was after 5 yrs of absolutely noooo problems, the man even helped me move and i would let him use my car..etc)..so since he lost his mind, we had to go to court and court ordered me phys cust parent and they go to my school, once judge ordered that before we could go back to court his lawyer presented a settlement of i have them m,t,th and one weekend out of every 3, he has them wednesdays and 2 out of every 3 weekends----still no child support, everything else reverts to prior divorce agreement(we split med, dent, vis., i pay dent, he pays health ins.)...to keep the kids feeling like i wasnt taking their father or taking too much of their time with them i agreed since it was the most like what we had without making such a hassle for them back and forth during the week......all that being said, before all this during my time with them ex wouldnt talk to the kids, and his time with them i wouldnt talk to them...since this all happened in august the boys are fine but i have a 10 yr old lil girl who is obsessed with calling her father(he started this by telling her he missed her soooo much and couldnt wait to see her etc etc etc)....i have not said one word to the boys about talking to their father or her for that matter within reason---i work until 6pm so i basically see them 3 and 1/2 hours a day until bedtime and him having the weekends so much more than me he actually gets much much more time with them...soooo he started calling 1-2 times a day, sent her home with a giraffe with his voice talking in baby talk to her about how much he misses her and a large pic of himself to put on her bed....again no problems with the boys...just her...nowwww since november this has started where she sneaks the phone and calls before school, before i get home, then talks to him the normal daily time that the boys do also, then again sneaks and calls when she goes to bed....last nite my phone rang at 5am(yes 5am!!) because she tried to call him due to she knew hed be up....i have had a counselor appt set up for her today actually but of course he took her to one on Friday and told her yes she should see the one i set up but then to choose which one she preferred....this is not a competition, if i for one minute thought that the counselor he brought her to would know the full history(i cant type that much) then i would have no problem with that being the only person she talks to but knowing what i know and the situation i just cant(for her sake)....anywayyyyyy for the calling situation, what recourse do i have if any for this to stop?? not to not talk to him at all but for what little time i have with her he is taking up every minute with the phone calls by making her feel like he needs her to call him....any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated, im at my wits end with this and seriously concerned for her mental well being.
thank you
amy

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Generally, courts will at most restrict how often and when the parent may call the child, but allow the child to call at will.

Have you talked to the counselor Dad took her to?

AWILCZ

no not yet...he just took her friday....her appt with the counselor ive had set up for weeks is tonite. so we shall see**************i let her call at will BUT again at what point is it time for her to be a part of our family life?? he manipulates the situation to tell her to call him, that he needs her to call him....mind you she is ten, i did not just pop into her life, we've never been apart other than the days that were his....this all just started snowballing since november....how would you approach this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">