• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

calls during my visitation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunsneak

What is the name of your state? Florida

My ex is always calling me at work and annoying me during visitation time with my son.

I don't call her and I expect the same in return.

Does she have a right to call my house when my son has visitation time with me?

Thanks!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It depends how long he's with you, how long she stays on the phone, and how the child reacts. At 3, more frequent contact is preferable. It actually wouldn't be a bad thing for you to call him daily when he's with the ex, and for her to call him daily when he's with you. Then there's a continuity of contact with both his parents.

When we were first separated, my kids were 4 & 6. Under a temporary custody order, they spent a week with me, a week with him. His feeling was there should be no contact at all between the kids and other parent during the week. That's a long time for a little one. I would call a minimum of twice during the week just to say hi, hope you're having fun, love you.

Now that they're older, I don't call when they go to their Dad's for a w/e, unless there's a special day in there (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc). During the summer, I usually call them once and they usually call me once.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">