• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

calls from possible junk debt buyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Josephga

last year over the course of 3 months I averaged 50 calls a month from a collection agency demanding payment on a 10-year-old credit card debt. making threats of jail time. the statute of limitations is 6 years in Georgia. calls finally stopped until last week. I get a call out of Ohio they leave a voice mail claiming I didn't show for a court summons and that I needed to call. left a case number and said a bench warrant would be issued and my license suspended. they even had my license number. I have not received any summons and i ran my name through the courts. nothing shows. the calls are coming from a non-fixed voip out of Ohio company's name county services mediations group. not sure if these are a scam. sounds like there are. if a hearing took place and i didn't show like they claim why are they calling instead of the cops showing up. I suffer from MS and this is taking a toll on my health

adjusterjack

Ignore them. Block the calls. Your phone can do that. Stop worrying. Nothing will happen until it happens and you can worry about it then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">