• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can 18 yr old child rqst back pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rigo

What is the name of your state? California

My partner and his ex have 2 kids with each other. The kids are already 18 and 12 and have been raised with her. My partner has always been there for them and have a friendship relationship with the ex, for the childrens sake. My partner and his ex have had a mutual agreement on amount of money he gives her and, has always paid for his kids school clothes along with Birthday and Christmas gifts. His 18 year old daughter is now out of the house living with her boyfriend and is now pregnant. The daughter has done some illegal things which my partner has turned her in as a concerned father to get her name cleared. Now the 18 year old is trying to collect back pay on child support for herself because she isn't working and living at her boyfriends house. Please advise if this is such a thing she would be able to do.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rigo said:
What is the name of your state? California

My partner and his ex have 2 kids with each other. The kids are already 18 and 12 and have been raised with her. My partner has always been there for them and have a friendship relationship with the ex, for the childrens sake. My partner and his ex have had a mutual agreement on amount of money he gives her and, has always paid for his kids school clothes along with Birthday and Christmas gifts. His 18 year old daughter is now out of the house living with her boyfriend and is now pregnant. The daughter has done some illegal things which my partner has turned her in as a concerned father to get her name cleared. Now the 18 year old is trying to collect back pay on child support for herself because she isn't working and living at her boyfriends house. Please advise if this is such a thing she would be able to do.

My response:

What do you mean by "trying"?

1. Is she asking "politely"?

2. Is she writing "ransom notes"?

3. Is she filing something in court?

4. Is she mentally or physically unable to care for herself; i.e., unable to be self-sufficient?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">