• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a company tell me not to take my prescribed narcotics?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Desertratz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

So the I work for for a large mining company and they have now decided that every job in the mine is a safety-sensitive position. They also deemed that all class of narcotics are prohibited with few exceptions meds for seizures or adhd etc. I along with a lot of other people have been put out on FMLA and told we can not return to work until we have a note from our doctor saying that all those medications have been suspended.

Now for me I am a disabled veteran that was hired on my class 3 medication and have no problems for the last 7 years while employed here. I know they can tell me not to take it while on the job or come to work while on it, but can they tell me I cannot take any schedule drugs as a term of employment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">