• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a Dad take a child without going to court...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kanet

What is the name of your state? California

My sister had a child with this guy she never married.. after 7 years they slip and she had no job and he was giving her no money, so she decided to go back to Mexico.

After some years she married a guy from San Pablo, California and she went back to the united states with her daughter. Three weeks ago my brother-in-law decided to adopt my sister´s daughter and send the document for the adoption to the father...on August 18, 2005 my sister recieve a call from her daughter´s school saying that the police have come with the legal documents to take her daughter.

She never had a previos court calling or anything letting her now what was going on...she was just taken... now she has a court next monday..but before she had none.

my question is: was this legal...can your daughter just be place in her dad´s home without even knowing anything of why she went to Mexico, and without finding out what the problem was??

I just hope that you will understand my writing and be able to give me an answer..

Thank you,
Kanet Delgado.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sounds like he got an emergency order, which is perfectly legal. Why she left the country and took the kid is relatively moot. Even more so if Dad wasn't informed and/or kept in contact with his child.

Zephyr

Three weeks ago my brother-in-law decided to adopt my sister´s daughter

nice how they just decided that without any input from dad, and just sent him the form as if he would sign it without a care :rolleyes: that's a lot of nerve after she basically kidnapped the child.

djohnson

BelizeBreeze said:
There is a LOT more to this story that we are not hearing.
True, and chances are it isn't good. She is probably wanted for parental kidnapping. She up and took the child away from the father out of the states. And now she is upset cause dad wants to see his child. How nuts is that. You can't blame dad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">