• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a discrimination suit be filed if unjustly banned from a Home Depot under false circumstances becuz im black

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I don't need to watch the video because I have faith in the other senior member that said there was nothing race related in the video.

The fact that you have linked it at least 3 times now is simply supporting my original but not voiced suspicion that you are trying to get views.

If you really think they are banning you simply because of your race feel free to find a lawyer and sue them.
That video clears shows me logically asking why I was being violated when all I was doing was buying. She admits I did nothing which can be seen . What other reason did she have?? I did nothing , I was busiing and I was disruptiive in anyway. She address the other guy in the video and say it wasn’t from that day but another day with him. I have pro accounts and credit cards under my licensed company! What did I do if u can find something I did enlighten me
Please as I’ve racked my brains for months trying to see anything other than racism

obviously not even though this is a legal advice posting site
There has to be other stores you can buy your supplies from. I gave up on Home Depot's firewood grade construction lumber a long time ago. Got fed up spending an hour trying to find a few 2x4's that were straighter than a dogs back leg.

PayrollHRGuy

That video clears shows me logically asking why I was being violated when all I was doing was buying. She admits I did nothing which can be seen . What other reason did she have?? I did nothing , I was busiing and I was disruptiive in anyway. She address the other guy in the video and say it wasn’t from that day but another day with him. I have pro accounts and credit cards under my licensed company! What did I do if u can find something I did enlighten me
Please as I’ve racked my brains for months trying to see anything other than racism
As I said before sue them. We aren't going to hear their side of the story.

quincy

The problem with many or most videos is that, while they can capture a moment in time, they are limited in scope. They often do not show what happened that led to filming. They present an incomplete picture.

In other words, what is NOT shown can often be as important as or more important than what is shown.

If you think you were targeted unfairly because of your race, you can show what evidence you have to an attorney in your area who can better determine for you if you have a legal action worth pursuing. It is possible that you do.

justalayman

Are there other black customers there? Racism is not isolated to one person. If there are other black customers, I suggest it is you and has nothing to do with your race.

Btw: some stores take issue with people who walk in and start documenting prices. Most retailers would prefer you not comparison shop so if that was what you were using your phone for, it may be the initial reason you were singled out as you were.

Then, given your attitude here, i suspect you simply pissed off the wrong person. A private business does have the right to ban you as long as it isn’t for a legally protected issue. They can use any reason they choose, as long as it isn’t a legally protected reason. Not liking you or whatever you were doing with your cellphone are not legally protected issues.

Dandy Don

Start looking around for an attorney willing to help you with this to determine if you have a case worth pursuing. There is no justifiable reason in the world why you should be treated like that.

Are you telling me that no one at Home Depot Corporate in Atlanta, GA ever responded to your complaints?

What you are complaining about may not rise to the legal definition of discrimination but it might be considered harassment.

Surely there are other retailers in your area that you could patronize or if you must use Home Depot then consider sending someone else in to shop on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">