• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a motion for voluntary dismissal be re-filed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The OP can certainly talk to her attorney about the temporary orders. However, I think that any suggestion that the temporary orders are still in effect does a serious disservice to the OP.
Not as much of a disservice as guessing at facts.

We do not know if the temporary order is still in effect. You said definitively that it wasn’t.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The OP can certainly talk to her attorney about the temporary orders. However, I think that any suggestion that the temporary orders are still in effect does a serious disservice to the OP.
I disagree. I think telling the OP that the temporary orders are definitely not in effect is a disservice. I don't know that the orders aren't still in effect and neither do you because we don't have the benefit of all the facts. For this there is no substitute for reading the court file, especially the temporary orders and the order of dismissal, to determine that. I suggest you aren't thinking of all the possibilities here.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Not as much of a disservice as guessing at facts.

We do not know if the temporary order is still in effect. You said definitively that it wasn’t.
And I said definitively that the orders were in effect (prior to getting additional facts), when I should have been less absolute as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">