• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a parent legally block the other parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katiemc12

The PROPER way to deal with the other parent not following the orders is to file for contempt - not to call the police.
Thank you for answering my question for a PREVIOUS experience.
I did file for contempt after the wonderful dispatcher suggested I do so. I’m a first time mother who very obviously didn’t know what to do. I definitely didn’t call 911, if that’s what you’re insinuating. I called the non-emergency line and they helped me. No police showed up, no police interfered, the dispatcher simply told me that calling them was the wrong way to go about it and to do this instead. This is a learning experience and I’m figuring it out just as well as anyone else. I said it didn’t work, they couldn’t do anything, it’s a done experience.

I’m here instead for a reason.

What’s currently going on isn’t a matter to file for contempt.

My question for what’s currently going on was answered by a previous user. Thank you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you for answering my question for a PREVIOUS experience.
I did file for contempt after the wonderful dispatcher suggested I do so. I’m a first time mother who very obviously didn’t know what to do. I definitely didn’t call 911, if that’s what you’re insinuating. I called the non-emergency line and they helped me. No police showed up, no police interfered, the dispatcher simply told me that calling them was the wrong way to go about it and to do this instead. This is a learning experience and I’m figuring it out just as well as anyone else. I said it didn’t work, they couldn’t do anything, it’s a done experience.

I’m here instead for a reason.

What’s currently going on isn’t a matter to file for contempt.

My question for what’s currently going on was answered by a previous user. Thank you.
If you are listening to Ldi, you are risking a lot of trouble because she refuses to research. Anything and doesn’t know the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">