• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can A Payor Be Forced To Work Two Jobs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

July9th

During the 6-year marriage, the husband worked a standard 40-hour week. Since the divorce, and largely due to the financial burdens placed upon him by his support payments, the child support payor elected to get a second job.
Without factoring in the second job, the children are well cared for at the standard of living that they enjoyed before the divorce.

The father (payor) has his two children 50% visitation, alternating weeks.

If the payor's second income is discovered by the mother (payee) I understand that she may, at her discretion, attempt to modify support so that it reflects income from both of the payor's jobs.

If the payor is being taken to court for such a modification and he quits his second job to reduce his financial profile, can the court force the payor to work two jobs in order to maintain that inflated level of income?

Alternately, can the court impute an income to the payor equivalent to what his income would be if he had both jobs?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

July9th said:
During the 6-year marriage, the husband worked a standard 40-hour week. Since the divorce, and largely due to the financial burdens placed upon him by his support payments, the child support payor elected to get a second job.
Without factoring in the second job, the children are well cared for at the standard of living that they enjoyed before the divorce.

The father (payor) has his two children 50% visitation, alternating weeks.

If the payor's second income is discovered by the mother (payee) I understand that she may, at her discretion, attempt to modify support so that it reflects income from both of the payor's jobs.

If the payor is being taken to court for such a modification and he quits his second job to reduce his financial profile, can the court force the payor to work two jobs in order to maintain that inflated level of income?

Alternately, can the court impute an income to the payor equivalent to what his income would be if he had both jobs?

My response:

Why did you purposefully delete the "State Name" question, and fail to answer that question?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">