• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a person have DPOA for medical in 2 states?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DPOAinNV

I live in Las Vegas, NV. My gf of 11 years had a hemorrhagic stroke 1 1/2 years ago. I have both Durable Power of Attorney for medical, and financial here in Las Vegas. Her brain is slowly dying, and she currently has moderate shrinkage of her brain right now. She is scheduled for a MRA which is like an MRI, but it is an Angiogram of her brain. She is cognitive, albeit very slow in responses on some days.

My question is can I have the paperwork for durable power of financial for Florida signed by my gf while she is still able to? I have my mom in Florida, just diagnosed with dementia, and my dad who lives in Kentucky, his house has deteriorated enough one side, that it is now rotted out. Repairs would cost around 30k if it could be done. My sis is moving my dad to live with her....god help her. I will be moving to Florida in oct to help my sis with both parents.

The current long term skilled facility has said that I must prove residence in Florida, and then find 3 nursing homes that will take my gf.

So just checking if i can get the DPOA for Florida signed ahead of time. Not sure her cognitive functions as time goes by.

doucar

Your DPA from Nevada should be good in Florida. A Lot of people move to Florida from all over the country.

DPOAinNV

Oh thank god...thank you so much.. I am so worried for her, and want to be able to help her as much as possible. I know my DPOA of financial will carry over, but was unsure of the DPOA for medical. Hospitals and Nursing homes can be at time so unscrupulous. Again Thanks. If any you of folks are in las Vegas area, Id be will to pay for a sushi dinner for your advice here. ...:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">