• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a personal diary be used in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dell

I lost my job because of one peice of evidence accusing me came from a diary,it was not a formal hearing.

ALawyer

Were you an employee at will? Did you have an employment contract? a union? How did the employer get your diary?

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

D

dell

A student showed signed of being obsessed with me,I have received about 50 letters filled with sexual comments and sugesstions.
Who would believe a 50 year old man, was being sexually harassed by a 15 year old. I
turned away her persistant advances. She then said that she would have my job. She then went to my principal with a diary filled with dates and her thoughts. How could this be considered concrete evidence against me? This same girl named me as father of her child, I knew it was not possible,I demanded
DNA testing. This DNA testing proved me as not being the father.Since I have proved that she lied about the child Paternity , can the diary be considered credible?

D

dell

Sorry, but I have to get order of events correct. The student showed up and said that
things had happened, and that she had a diary
and I was father to her unborn child.I was asked to resign,without seeing the diary,and no way to prove I wasn't the child's father. So I got the DNA testing, I am not the Father.The Principal does not know that I can prove that the girl is lieing about the paternity of the child. The QUESTION:Can I now go back and try to get my job back. Since the child is not mine, will the diary have any credit to it?She has already lied about child,can diary be considered trustworthy. I can prove her obsession with me and I can prove I am not the father of her child. Would this not make the diary questionable?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Yes you can try to get your job back. You can also try to use the diary to prove your case that she was obsessed with you and lied about things. The diary has evidentiary value as more often than not, people who keep diaries for themselves do not lie to themselves in the diaries. See? You should consult with a labor law attorney near you. You can find one at attorneypages

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">