• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a power of attorney for her Mother give consent so her Mother can have sex with her boyfriend at the Memory Care unit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

Florida. I always thought that a person with dementia was not allowed to have sex because they are not able to give "legal consent" for sex. However, at the "Anything Goes Memory Care unit"where I work the resident's daughter said it was OK for her demented Mother to have sex with her high functioning bi-polar boyfriend at the Memory Care unit. Her daughter feels it is OK and gave her "Blessings" Now I am hearing rumors that this patient has bruises on her body and is saying now that the sex is "not consensual" anymore. I am off work now due to illness so cannot get any real facts right now.

Just Blue

Florida. I always thought that a person with dementia was not allowed to have sex because they are not able to give "legal consent" for sex. However, at the "Anything Goes Memory Care unit"where I work the resident's daughter said it was OK for her demented Mother to have sex with her high functioning bi-polar boyfriend at the Memory Care unit. Her daughter feels it is OK and gave her "Blessings" Now I am hearing rumors that this patient has bruises on her body and is saying now that the sex is "not consensual" anymore. I am off work now due to illness so cannot get any real facts right now.
Do you know anything for a fact? As in you saw it/heard it with your own eyes/ears or are is this just hearsay and gossip? If you ave concerns about the residents of the nursing home report it to the appropriate state agency.

quincy

If you suspect abuse, report the abuse to proper authorities. You should be careful about spreading rumors, however.

violas

I am just looking for an answer. Can a POA give consent for her Mother to have sex? Yes or no. Does anyone know the answer to this question?

quincy

I am just looking for an answer. Can a POA give consent for her Mother to have sex? Yes or no. Does anyone know the answer to this question?
No one can give consent for another to have sex.

If you suspect abuse, report the abuse to proper authorities.

quincy

Thank you for answering the question.
You’re welcome, violas.

You should report abuse if you know or suspect someone is being abused. I don’t know if you have the power to keep people away from each other, though.

Just Blue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">